For the 11th consecutive holiday season, Macy's is partnering with Make-A-Wish® for the annual Believe campaign, giving the gift of joy to children with critical illnesses. In Annapolis, 4-year-old Nikolas was surprised with a celebration and sendoff for his wish to go to the set of Wheel of Fortune. Nikolas has undergone a liver transplant, and while he spent time in the hospital recovering, he found comfort in watching Wheel of Fortune on his tablet. He will be leaving for his wish soon, and this event will celebrate him and all that he has overcome.
Macy's will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish for each letter to Santa dropped off in stores in red Believe letterboxes or submitted online at macys.com/believe, up to $1 million. For National Believe Day, Macy's has pledged an additional $1 per letter, up to an extra $1 million, above the existing $1 million campaign goal.
Annapolis, Maryland - 7 December 2018
1. Wish kid Nikolas and family enter Macy's
2. Soundbite - Leslie Creedon, President, CEO Make a Wish, Mid Atlantic
3. Nikolas and family pose with Mrs. Claus and magician
4. Wheel of Fortune gameplay
5. Soundbite - Marinos Marinos and Jennifer Marinos, Nikolas's parents
6. Nikoas and family meet Mrs. Claus
7. Soundbite - Marinos Marinos, Nikolas's dad
8. Believe Day signage and letter writing to Santa
9. Soundbite - Jenna Wallach, Store Manager, Macy's Annapolis
10. Interview - Leslie Creedon, President, CEO Make a Wish, Mid Atlantic
11. Volunteers with welcome signs
12. Soundbite - Jenna Wallach, Store Manager, Macy's Annapolis