SNEAK PEAK OF ICONIC PAVILIONS AS WORLD PREPARES TO COME TOGETHER TO FIND SOLUTIONS FOR PLANET’S MOST PRESSING PROBLEMS
BLUEPRINTS FOR ICONIC PAVILIONS UNVEILED WITH THREE MONTHS TO GO SHOWING WHAT GOOD SUSTAINABLE FOOD AND BEVERAGE PRACTICES WILL LOOK LIKE
With great strides being taken around the world in the fight against COVID-19, it is only three months until Dubai stages one of the first major events since the pandemic struck, putting in place every measure possible to make sure the Emirate can welcome people from around the globe safely to Expo 2020 Dubai, which will celebrate humanity’s potential to shape the future through innovation.
Expo 2020 Dubai aims to be the most impactful global incubator for new ideas on the planet, the catalyst for an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring real-life solutions for real-world challenges. The first World Expo to be staged in Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) will bring together more than 190 nations, businesses, multilateral organisations and educational institutions, with the aim of forming meaningful partnerships to impact global change in an unprecedented way. In short, it is about connecting minds and creating the future.
Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability are three core themes of the event, which runs October 1st – March 31st, 2022, coinciding with the UAE’s 50th anniversary in December.
Indeed, Expo 2020 Dubai is joining forces with the United Nations Global Compact to hold a Sustainable Development Goals Business Forum during Global Goals Week (January 16th - 22nd) to unite businesses and spur them on to achieve a sustainable and inclusive future. Furthermore, Expo 2020 Dubai’s goal to become one of the most sustainable World Expos ever has reached a major milestone, with leading civil engineering body CEEQUAL, the world’s first sustainability assessment, giving eight sites an excellent rating.
For the first time in 170 years of World Expo history, which began with London’s Crystal Palace staging the 1851 Great Exhibition, every country participating will have its own pavilion, housing ground-breaking technological advances and immersive experiences. Visitors will not only get the chance to see some of the world’s biggest innovators and their inventions but also sample cuisines from around the globe, indulge in live performance, and soak up culture from every corner of the planet.
In doing so, PepsiCo has today revealed the blueprints for its participation as the official beverage and snack partner of Expo 2020 Dubai, headlined by Pepsi, Lay’s, Gatorade, and Aquafina. Three striking pavilions will be located in and aligned with Expo 2020’s three core sub-themes and Thematic Districts, Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability.
The visually arresting designs will be combined with creative one-of-a-kind activations that will enable the food and beverage company to communicate and execute its vision to challenge today, in order to change tomorrow, driving innovation and fostering change. These will offer interactive and engaging educational experiences, with a focus on fun and sustainability while trying to inspire all those who visit. Throughout the six-month event, PepsiCo will lead in showing millions of people what sustainable and innovative food and beverage practices look like.
Dubai is offering free COVID vaccinations to all 200+ official participants and their staff while thermal cameras and sanitisation stations are being installed across the 438-hectare (1,083 acres) site to further ensure everyone’s health and safety along with face-coverings and social-distancing being mandatory.
GV’s- Footage of EXPO 2020 Dubai site
GV’s-n Render tour footage of PepsiCo x Pavilions at Expo 2020 Dubai
Marjan Faraidooni- Chief Experience Officer at Expo 2020 Dubai
Eugene Willemsen, PepsiCo, CEO, Africa, Middle East & South Asia, PepsiCo
Aamer Sheikh, President and General Manager Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan at PepsiCo
About Expo 2020 Dubai
From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will welcome visitors from every corner of the globe to join the making of a new world, as it brings together the planet in one place to reimagine tomorrow.
- With the purpose of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, Expo 2020 will be the world’s most impactful global incubator for new ideas, catalysing an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring action to deliver real-life solutions to real-world challenges
- Expo 2020 will provide a visually striking and emotionally inspiring 182 days, as more than 200 participants – including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – create the largest and most diverse World Expo ever
- Expo 2020’s sub-themes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to preserve and protect our planet, explore new frontiers and build a better future for everyone
- Expo is committed to building a more equitable and just world for everyone, while keeping visitors safe by following the latest guidance of the world’s leading medical, science and health experts
- Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, located on a 4.38 sq km site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $70 billion in net revenue in 2020, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 23 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Pepsi® + Lay’s® Plus Pavilion
- Two of the biggest brands globally, Pepsi and Lay’s, will come together at The Plus pavilion, reconfirming PepsiCo’s commitment to collaboration, positivity and togetherness.
- Located in the Opportunity District, the Plus pavilion, will outline how Pepsi and Lay’s together, are able to take bold steps to create positive change and generate more smiles with every sip and every bite.
- The Equalization zone will empower everyone to score for gender equality through a sensorial football interaction, while learning how Pepsi supports equal rights for women in football to achieve success.
- The expressive regeneration zone will champion a circular economy and showcase how Pepsi is tackling single-use plastics, by reducing, recycling, and reinventing.
- The Pepsi experience will fizz with possibilities as a highly immersive and visually arresting showcase, encouraging visitors to look beyond their individual bubble towards a world of opportunity and possibility.
- The Lay’s experience will reward curiosity, entice discovery, and bring joy, through immersive and unexpected sensory moments, inspired by Lay’s from around the world.
- Joy pods will surround guests with 360º content for an immersive, interactive experience tied to the joy of seasons, football, and flavor
- ‘Lay’s Replay’ will let visitors discover the imaginative ways empty Lay’s chips bags are being given a second life and transformed into football pitches where they can bring joy to places needing it the most
- Another doorway showcases how we create opportunities and empower women farmers who are key to nurturing the earth and growing the potatoes used in every Lay’s chip.
Gatorade® Bolt Pavilion
- The Bolt Pavilion will champion active lifestyle with interactive on-site games and activations, along with showcases such as the Hall of G.O.A.Ts (Greatest Of All Time world athletes)
- Gatorade will use the Expo 2020 Dubai to democratize sports as a global force for good.
- The Bolt Pavilion is designed in the iconic shape of Gatorade’s Bolt design and located in the Mobility District.
- Attendees enter the experience at the top of the bolt, zig-zagging their way through a number of activations that ultimately teach them about what Gatorade stands for, the legendary athletes that use it, the sports science that goes into every bottle, and how Gatorade can make them a better version of themselves moving forward.
- The Bolt will recreate the GSSI (Gatorade Sports Science Institute) lab to demonstrate Gatorade’s efficacy and illustrate how it works in the body, making both knowledge and the performance fuel accessible for everyone.
- The Bolt visitors can put their skills to test with an interactive game which tests their reaction time and agility against fellow visitors.
- When leaving The Bolt, an exhibit will show how Gatorade is shaping the future of sport, forming new products that increase athlete performance and developing youth sports programs to train the next generation of G.O.A.Ts around the world.
Aquafina® Drop Pavilion
- Aquafina has long been PepsiCo’s flagship brand encouraging good water stewardship and working to safeguard water from how we drink it, use it, consume it, to how we contain it.
- At The Drop pavilion, visitors will not only be immersed in the Aquafina brand experience, but also in PepsiCo’s efforts to help farmers worldwide with sustainable water practices, smart use of water in manufacturing, and the brand’s innovative efforts to reduce, recycle, and reinvent packaging.
- The Drop is designed to look like a giant droplet and is constructed from recycled cans.
- Located in the Sustainability District, The Drop will inspire and evoke action by educating visitors on how all of us play a role in making a positive impact of keeping water, and our overall environment, safe.
- Visitors will learn about sustainable farming operations, through informative and fun installations such as matching fields with suitable crops and farming technology.
- Visitors will also make the acquaintance of their own Aquatar to discover their body’s relationship with water, while discovering helpful tips to live more sustainably.
- Visitors can capture some fun the moments with their very own splash selfie, a 3D printed silhouette that makes people look like they are submerged in water.
- As visitors exit the space, they will have the opportunity to discover the new Aquafina water stations where they can customize their water experience sustainably.
All three pavilions have been ideated, developed, and implemented in partnership with INVNT GROUP – PepsiCo’s creative and implementation partner – a globally revered strategy, design, and execution agency. With offices in New York, Dubai, London, Singapore, Sydney, Stockholm, and Detroit, helps brands curate, activate, and engage authenticity locally.