HONG KONG, CHINA - Media OutReach - 30 August 2018 - Natural Beauty Bio-Technology Limited ("Natural Beauty" or the "Group"; Stock Code: 00157), a leading provider of professional skin-care and spa services in Greater China, announced today its interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2018 (the "Period").
Financial and Operational Highlights:
- Income principally came from the Group's distribution network, including spas and concession counters in department stores.
- As at 30 June 2018, there were 1,042 spas, 15 concession counters and 1 medical cosmetology center.
- A total of 17 new stores were opened and 51 stores were closed during the Period.
Research and Development
- To constantly improve the quality of its existing products and develop new products, while collaborating with overseas skin-care companies on technological development.
- Successful launch of a well-received new series of NB-1 Bright-Crystal target products generated sales of HK$33.2 million in the first half of the year, accounting for 17.7% of total value of product sales during the Period.
- Sales of NB-1 branded products reached HK$101.7 million, accounting for more than 54.4% of total value of product sales.
- Revenue rose by 5.5% year on year to HK$193.7 million on the back of increased product sales.
- Overall gross profit margin decreased to 70.8% mainly because the Group offered promotional discounts on its products and services during the Period.
- Net profit for the Period was HK$29 million.
- Basic earnings per share were 1.45 HK cents.
- An interim dividend of 1.45 HK cents per share are recommended. Dividend payout ratio is 100%.
Ms. Yang Shu-Hwa, Interim Chief Executive Officer of the Group said, "Looking ahead, we will continue to develop our core business by accelerating the pace of opening new stores in fast-growing cities and by expanding our market coverage through such new sales channels as pharmacy chains and beauty stores. Also, the Group has started its high-tech skincare business to serve the middle-class and affluent consumers. The business provides solutions to minor skin problems by treating the cases with high-tech skincare devices and products. Following the launch of our first medical cosmetology center, the Group has tapped into a medical aesthetics market by offering professional medical aesthetic solutions. Leveraging our position as a leading skin care brand and spa operator in Greater China, we are moving ahead with the above-mentioned strategies for development so as to enhance our competitiveness and to generate good returns to shareholders."
About Natural Beauty Bio-Technology Limited
Natural Beauty is a leading provider of beauty and spa services and products in Greater China. The Group principally offers tailor-made beauty and skin care solutions through its trained professional beauticians. The Group engages in research, development, manufacture and sale of skin care, aroma-therapeutic and beauty products, which are marketed under the brand name "NB®". The products are distributed through a distribution network of over 1,000 NB's SPAs and concession counters in Greater China.