• Sports car dynamics, sports car looks and a 1,700-litre load space
• All-wheel drive and All-Surface Progress Control keep you safe whatever the weather
• Cabin Air Ionisation gives you and your family clean air
• Gesture Control lets you operate the panoramic sun blind or open the boot when your arms are full of kit
• Super-sized panoramic roof floods the interior with light
• Forget the keyring and swim, surf, cycle or run with an activity key
• Two-tonne towing capacity lets you take the trailer, boat, jet ski or horse box
• Choose from a range of clean and efficient Ingenium petrol and diesel engines
• For full press kit go to media.jaguar.com and to configure your XF Sportbrake go to www.jaguar.com
14 June 2017, London: Jaguar's dynamic new estate has been revealed by world tennis number one Andy Murray. The two-time Wimbledon winner of the Championships, Wimbledon, pulled the covers off the new Jaguar XF Sportbrake before placing his men’s single trophy inside and sending it on a UK-wide tour to inspire the next generation of players.
Jaguar is the Official Vehicle Partner of The Wimbledon Championships and to celebrate the relationship the premium estate was revealed on a replica Centre Court. The moment was streamed on Facebook Live and can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/Jaguar/
“Winning my first major title ten years ago was an amazing moment for me; the culmination of everything I'd worked for my whole life. I feel very lucky to have got to where I am today and hope that anyone passionate about tennis gets the opportunity to play and improve.
"Letting go of the trophy will be difficult, but there's no better vehicle than the Jaguar XF Sportbrake to take it on this UK tour. I'm pleased that people are going to be able to get up close to the trophy when it visits schools and tennis clubs, and hopefully it might encourage people to pick up a racket this Summer.”
Andy Murray, world tennis number one
The XF Sportbrake joins Jaguar's award-winning XF saloon in its tenth year of production. The XF was launched in 2007 and has now claimed almost 200 global awards. The saloon’s new Sportbrake sibling delivers equally impressive performance, design and technology, with greater practicality and space.
With sports car-derived handling, a practical 565-litre load space and advanced convenience and safety features, the XF Sportbrake has the best of Jaguar design and technology. It also delivers impressive aerodynamic efficiency of Cd 0.29.
"The iconic Jaguar posters of the 1950s promised customers grace, pace and space. The XF Sportbrake re-imagines this offer for 21st-century active families, with stunning looks, sports car performance and a load space fit for active lifestyles."
Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design
Innovations include an intuitive gesture-controlled sunblind for the Sportbrake's super-sized, full-length, panoramic roof, Driver Condition Monitoring to detect signs of tiredness after an active day and a waterproof Activity Key you can wear while playing sport. Customers can also specify Cabin Air Ionisation, which purifies air to provide protection against environmental pollution and promote health and wellbeing.
Self-levelling rear suspension ensures an effortless ride, even when towing loads of 2,000kg. The XF Sportbrake is available with Jaguar’s advanced range of clean and efficient four-cylinder Ingenium petrol and diesel engines with CO2 emissions as low as 118g/km. A choice of potent six-cylinder engines includes the characterful 380PS 3.0-litre supercharged V6 petrol or the 300PS TDV6, which accelerates from 0-100km/h in 6.6 seconds (0-60mph in 6.1seconds).
“As with the XF saloon, every line on the Sportbrake serves a clear purpose, creating a fast, sweeping silhouette. This gives the car a sense of speed and a very dynamic appearance. As a result, I think it looks just as sporty as the saloon, if not more so.”
Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design
After helping to introduce the XF Sportbrake, Andy Murray warmed up for Wimbledon with a light-hearted celebrity doubles match on a pop-up court. Murray and coach Jamie Delgado faced comedians Rob Brydon and Jimmy Carr in a contest streamed live online, with commentary by Tim Henman.
Jaguar is entering its third season as Official Vehicle Partner to The Championships, Wimbledon, which runs from Monday 3 July to Sunday 16 July. Jaguar will supply 170 vehicles from its award-winning range, including the XE, XF, XJ and F-PACE.
To help inspire the next generation of tennis talents, Jaguar is doing something that has never been done before and is taking the famous men’s singles trophy on a nationwide tour of clubs and schools. As Andy Murray counts down to the defence of his Wimbledon title later this month, the gilt cup will be chauffeured between venues in an XF Sportbrake.
The XF is manufactured at Jaguar Land Rover's Castle Bromwich Plant alongside the XE, XJ and F-TYPE. Castle Bromwich is now building six model lines, double that of ten years ago when XF was introduced. Employees who build the new model celebrated by watching the live launch coverage.
Notes to editors:
A decade of Jaguar XF – ten key moments:
2007 – Launched at Frankfurt Motor Show. First Jaguar saloon designed under Ian Callum
2009 – XFR announced featuring new 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine, 0-60mph 4.7s, 510PS
2011 – New XF 2.2 Diesel, 1,313km, one tank of fuel
2012 – First XF Sportbrake revealed
2013 – 200,000th XF produced
2015 – All-New XF Launched, from 104g CO2, Up to 190kg lighter
2015 – All-New XF achieves Five Star Euro NCAP rating
2016 – All-Wheel Drive Launched globally. Long wheelbase XFL revealed at Beijing Motor Show
2017 – 190 awards won globally to date, Jaguar’s most decorated car
2017 – New XF Sportbrake revealed
B-Roll footage and online video packages:
Footage will be available via the following delivery methods on Wednesday 14th June:
To download here: http://jaguarxfsportbrakenewsroom.com
Via BT Tower Local Ends: BT F1 (HD/AAVB/F1)
Time: 1130-1200GMT (1230BST-1300BST)
Via APTN Media Port & Video Hub
Via Satellite downlink:
Time: 1130-1200GMT (1230BST-1300BST)
SATELLITE: THOR 10-02 1 WEST
TRANSPONDER: 65 CHANNEL DIG.12/13
DOWNLINK FREQ: 11,468.00 V
D/L EIRP: 43.5 dBW
SYMBOL RATE: 15
DATA RATE: 36.334144
MODULATION: DVB-S2 8PSK
MPEG: MPEG4 4:2:0
FORMAT: HD 1080 50i 18MHz
The anticipated shot list will be as follows:
• IV Sir Andy Murray – World No 1 and two-time Wimbledon Champion
• IV Wayne Burgess – Production Studio Director & SVO Projects, Jaguar
• GVs of New XF Sportbrake
• GVs of car reveal
• GVs of Andy Murray photocall
• GVs of celebrity doubles tennis match
• IV Tim Henman – former British No 1 and Wimbledon commentator
• IV Anthony Joshua – World Heavyweight Champion
• IV Mitch Evans – Panasonic Formula E Team driver
• IVs with celebrity guests – including Jimmy Carr and Rob Brydon
Live broadcast and live stream:
• The car reveal and the celebrity doubles match will be live broadcast and streamed on the day. For the iframe link or full satellite details, please contact the team at Sassy.
For more details please contact Annette Harada or Jose Bonito at Sassy:
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0) 7970 312 002 | +44 (0) 208 905 2345
email@example.com | +44 (0) 7528 016 224 | +44 (0) 208 905 2345
LONDON, UK – 14 JUNE 2017: World number one and two-time Wimbledon champion Sir Andy Murray will bring a taste of the iconic tournament to the crowds of Central London, at a specially created ‘pop-up’ Centre Court.
Official Wimbledon partner Jaguar will also unveil their latest car – the New XF Sportbrake – at the special event, which will see Andy “warm up” for the Championship as he prepares to defend his Wimbledon title and world number one ranking.
Andy will be joined on the day by celebrity tennis fans including Jimmy Carr and Rob Brydon, as well as former tennis player Tim Henman, and some other stars of the sporting world including British heavyweight boxing champion Anthony Joshua, and Panasonic Jaguar Formula E driver Mitch Evans.
The dynamic new estate also has a special role in the run up to the Championship. It will transport Andy’s Wimbledon trophy on a tour of tennis clubs and schools across the UK, as part of Jaguar’s grassroots initiative to inspire young tennis players. Tennis fans from around the world will then be able to see the New XF Sportbrake on display at the All-England Club before it hits Jaguar retailers at the end of the summer.
• Rain will definitely not stop play for Jaguar’s dynamic estate, which is equipped with all-wheel drive and Jaguar Land Rover’s ‘traction tool box’ of all-surface, all-weather technology. This includes All-Surface Progress Control which ensures the XF stays sure footed whatever the weather or road surface.
• Jaguar’s suite of driver assistance and safety technology will ensure that the treasured trophy is transported safely including Jaguar’s Driver Condition Monitoring system which watches out for driver drowsiness and alerts you if a break is needed.
• Cabin air filtration and ionisation will remove pollutants entering the vehicle to help keep the trophy in tip top condition
• For a full press kit and detailed product press release visit: www.media.jaguar.com
• The event will also be streamed live on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Jaguar